Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Assignment 3

1. Do you remember how I talked about making a practical experience into an aesthetic experience? 

    Every morning I open the blinds in my room to see the sunlight and say "Good Morning" to the world.  As I start to open the blinds, little by little rays of light lighten the room, until the room is filled with sunlight.  I stand if front of my window and peer outside to the sight of people walking to and from class.  When classes are getting out and people are leaving it is like they are walking in a race and they have just rounded the final turn!  In the evening, I watch as the like become a rainbow of colors with the sun starts set.  The street lights come on and they let me know its time to say good-bye to another day that has come and gone.  I begin to close the blinds and then the darkness fills the room. 

2. Post your picture that you drew in class when we listened to "Nessum Dorma" and drew what Pavarotti might have been singing about. What were some of the feelings that you thought while he was singing.
    When listening to "Nessum Dorma" I drew a heart with a line through it because I felt like the singer was in love with someone, but had recently had his heart broken.  The blue on the outside represented my emotions, I felt "blue" (hints the color blue).
  
3. Describe the establishing shot in a movie. What is its purpose? What does it tell us as the viewers of a film? How important is the establishing shot in a movie?
    The establishing shot of the movie is probably one of the most important shots in the whole movie.  The purpose of the establishing shot is to let the viewer know where they are like the location of the film and it often includes an popular landmark.  The establishing shot could possible set the "tone" of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment